It’s that time of the year again! Time for turkey, family and oh that’s right SHOPPING! Whether you are guilty of it or not, I am 100% a sucker for buying gifts for loved ones and for myself…So, whatever it is you are shopping for this year, I want to encourage you to shop outside of the big department stores and Amazon. They aren’t going anywhere. Rather, try shopping with local businesses, Etsy shops, and small businesses. It has been a really rough year for them with all that is happening across the nation.
To help support as many businesses as I could, I have asked for your recommendations and added in a handful of my personal favorite small shops to support this holiday season and beyond!
To shop, click on the shop links below:
Shops Based out of South Carolina
- Midas Oysters: Beautifully hand painted oysters. These are the perfect gift for your friend, mother, grandmother or aunt. They make for beautiful ring dishes or to put on display.
- Egan and Ella: The cutest boutique located in Bluffton, SC has everything you need from an outfit to accessories. For Black Friday, their entire store will be on sale and they do ship!
- Tapestry Inc: Black Friday sale is starting on Tuesday this week! Up to 25% off the store, this shop has everything you need for your holiday outfit or gift for your bestie!
- Tidal Creek Haven: Everything you need for home decor! I went a little crazy with their yummy candles and cute ornaments! Follow their IG page to shop, they ship nationwide!
- The Tabby Shore: My go-to while living in Beaufort for gifts and cute accessories! They were kind enough to give you all 10% off your online orders TODAY- Sunday, November 29th with code: CK10
- Tall Oaks Boutique: Looking for a cute outfit this season? Affordable and cute and you can use code: CAROLINEK20 for 20% off your purchase!
Shops Found through Instagram Connections and Recommended by YOU
- Hank and Jean Jewlery: Discovered thanks to one of your recomendations! All jewlery is handmade and they even have personalized options.
- Hair Candy by Han: Looking for the perfect gift for your bling lover? From custom hair accessories to cute earrings perfect for any occasion, I highly reccomend ordering from Hannah!
- Chlokies: It’s the new trend! Handmade mask chains, if we have to wear it, might as well make it cute is what I always say. You can find
- Quarters and Caviar: Looking for luxurious and affordable jewlery to go with every outfit or for the accessory queen in the family? Accessories are under $30 and they are currently doing a HUGE black Friday sale starting NOW!
- Desert and Stone: These earrings are SO unique and cute! They are handmade with clay. You can shop through their Instagram page.
- BriVanna Boutique: The cutest mother and daugher owned boutique with so many holiday looks! Get matching PJ’s for you and your sisters.
- Molly Wat Shop: Unique and handmade ceramics perfect for the creative bestie or art lover in your family.
Shops I’ve Found on Etsy
- Mach 1 Design: A Veteran owned business that specialized in aviation themed laser engravings. Trying to find the perfect gift for your pilot like I am? Head over to Mach 1 Designs!
- Lofty Lime Designs: Hand crafted wood signs and more from a Military spouse herself. To order DM Carly @lofty_lime_designs
- Lady Lightning Designs: My very own Etsy shop! Apparel made for women and children of our Military aircraft pilots. Use code: Caroline15 for 15% off your purchase begining on Black Friday.
- Stealth Steel Designs: Looking for a gift for that tough to shop for military member? Loom no further, custom engraved items just for them! Made by a military family for military families. They have some awesome gift sets coming very soon! Follow their Instagram page for updates on deals coming out.
- Wildflower Prints Inc: Looking for a personalized gift that is unique and you can cherish forever? The owner of this shop can hand draw any photo you send to her with such detail!
- BeautyCounter: My new found love for clean beauty has lead me to one of my good friends Shannon! She runs her small business with BeautyCounter and they have so many great gift sets for your make-up enthusist!
Things to do with your Significant other of Best Friend
- LowCountry Picnic: (Located in South Carolina) Kara and Parker just started this business a short while ago and man am I glad they did! It was so fun getting to picnic in the LowCountry! You can choose your picnic theme, add on a charcuterie board and fresh lemonade, they will do all of the set up and take down, you just have to show up and enjoy.
- Good Life Picnics: (Located in Nebraska) My dear friend Joselyn also just started her picnic business out in Nebraska! Her charcuterie boards are darn near masterpeices. She will come and set up a romantic indoor date for you and your significant other or for you and your friends out by a lake.
- Outside Together Co: (Located in Southern California) This picnic company is still on my bucket list to try! They have so many customizable options for your dream picnic in San Diego! Now that I’m back west, I think this would be the perfect way for a best friend reunion!
Something Sweet from in my opinion the BEST bakers around
- South and Spoon Pudding: Want to make a fun but quick and easy dessert at home with the family this holiday? You have to try South and Spoon pudding! You can make it your way, classic, boozy or turn it into pudding pie! Buy 6 or more boxes to get Free Shipping on your order!
- Bees Pops: Tasty and cute! The perfect cookies, cakes and cupcakes if you are in the San Diego area. Seriously, Beronica is an artist with the sweets!
- Cute Cakes Bakery: Located in San Diego, Ca this bakery’s menu is nothing but amazing! If you are in the San Diego area and looking for a greate cake or pie to bring around for the holidays, I highly reccomend ordering from Cute Cakes. The customer service is top knotch and thier sweet treats are delicious.
- Cupcakes 2 Cakes: Based out of Beaufort/Bluffton, these amazing baker’s craft the cutest cookies and cakes, perfect for the holidays or to add in a gift basket! They are also doing 40% off a dozen cupcakes now-November 28th!
- Tout Sweet Macarons: My absolute FAVORITE Macarons I’ve ever had! If you know then you knew, Shannon has perfected just about every flavor macaron there ever was. Also she SHIPS, so you can bet I will be getting some sent to Yuma. 🙂
- Cookies by Charlotte: I’ve ordered a few cookies from Charlotte while in Beaufort and let me tell you, cute and delicious these cookies are! She is so talented! Another wonderful idea, grab a dozen cookies to place in a gift basket for your loved ones!
- Bloom Cakes: Last but NOT LEAST! My all time favorite cake baker, Jessica. I will deeply miss grabbing a cake from her for any reason possible. So talented and every flavor is delicious. Our personal favorites were Lemon Rasberry and Coconut!
I hope this guide comes in handy for you all and thank you so much for supporting these small businesses and any other small businesses out there! They need you this season. ❤
If you want to continue following along on more adventures, follow me on Instagram @carolinekaufer